Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Justin!

My son is a huge Curious George fan. We have three PBS channels that run Curious George episodes and this is a good thing since it's his favorite cartoon by far. So, what better theme to use to inspire his birthday cake?

A month before my son's birthday a friend decorated a Curious George cake for her son who was turning 3. She is a great cake decorator. We've taken one cake decorating class together, but she has much more talent and patience than I do. She found her inspiration cake through a web search and posted photos of her cake online. I decided not to reinvent the wheel, but to duplicate her cake as best as I could.

But first things first. I wanted to try a new Banana Sour Cream cake recipe. George likes bananas, right? I made one layer according to the recipe found on the Kraft Food website. THe second layer I added mini chocolate chips to.

--unfinished--

15 comments:

  1. Hi first time here...that is a lovely cake u have there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Wow!! 3 yrs old. Where does the time go. I hope you guys have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cake! Happy Birthday Justin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Justin- yeah, that really is an awesome cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful cake! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cake Joanne! Happy Birthday Justin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curious George - my fav as a kid! Happy pre-third bday to Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cake Joanne. Happy 3rd Birthday Justin.....these birthdays are coming too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great cake! Happy birthday Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Justin! You're lucky to have a mom
    who makes such cool cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, love that cake! Happy b-day, Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I get my cake order in now for next year's birthdays? Love it!

    ReplyDelete