Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crunchy Chicken Fingers

It seems as though every night is a struggle to get my son to eat something different. The cost of buying him organic chicken tenders really adds up quickly. In an attempt to get him to eat chicken tenders that I make, so that I know exactly what's in them, I decided to try a Parents Magazine recipe. If it's in a Parents Magazine and its a recipe for children, it's gotta be good, right?

This recipe was easy enough to make. A little dredging here and little tossing there and into the oven it goes. After that it went onto a plate with every child's favorite condiment - ketchup. Do you think he ate it? No. Did I try to entice him by mentioning it was rolled in cereal? Yes. Did my enticing work? No. After spending two hours in the kitchen making dinner (chicken tenders, a casserole and sweet potato chips), I wasn't going to make a PB & J. Eat it or go to bed hungry. Mommy is done playing restaurant every night.

My husband ate the chicken tenders and he really liked them. I'll be sure to keep this recipe handy and maybe, one day, my little one will eat some homemade chicken tenders.

http://www.parents.com/recipe/chicken/crunchy-chicken-fingers/

2 comments:

  1. I'll take four w a side of honey mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one struggling with this issue! Blake is the pickiest kid EVER. We throw so much food away just trying to get him to taste it. Grrrr. The tenders look good to me!

    ReplyDelete