Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Smothered Sirloin Steak in Parmesan-Peppercorn Sauce


I receive emails from a few food websites such as AllRecipes.com and Kraft. One day Kraft emailed me this recipe and after reading the reviews I thought I try it out on my husband. Back in my meat-eating days I loved a good steak and this recipe would've been right up my alley.

Many of the people reviewing the recipe raved about the parmesan-peppercorn sauce. I made it a day ahead of time and tried it. Wow! Amazing flavor. I used it to drip some sweet potato waffle fries in. The peppery goodness is fantastic. Next time I make it I'll probably double the recipe for the sauce.

I followed other people's advice and let the steak marinate overnight. The night I prepared this dish we ate dinner outside on the deck. The weather was awesome, but after the sun went down the temperature dipped. I mention this because I prepared the platter, spent a minute taking a few photos and then took it outside - where it quickly cooled off. Temperature aside, my husband loved it! It is something easy enough and tasty enough to serve to guests. I'll definitely make this again and might actually have my husband grill it outside.

Ingredients

1 cup Italian Dressing, divided
1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1 lb.), well trimmed
1/3 cup Sour Cream
4-1/2 tsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings

Directions

1. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over steak in a ziploc bag; turn to evenly coat steak. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.

2. Mix sour cream, 2 Tbsp. of the remaining dressing, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Heat 2-3 Tbsp. dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove onions from skillet; set aside.

4. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Add steak to skillet; cook on medium heat 5 to 6 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF). Remove steak from skillet and let it rest for about 5 minutes; cut into thin strips. Serve topped with the sour cream sauce and onions.

Adapted.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/smothered-sirloin-steak-in-90959.aspx

2 comments: