Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Banana Spring Rolls


Oh my goodness. I am on a roll. I'm three for three on my last...well...three recipes. I was feeling so confident about using egg roll wrappers that I decided to give this dessert a try. It was fast and easy to make and it tasted just as good as PF Chang's Banana Spring Rolls. If only I had served it with ice cream. That would've been amazing!

I adapted the ingredients and directions to a recipe I found on Pinterest and was able to make this recipe my own. Try it! You won't be sorry.

Ingredients

2 bananas, diced
6 egg roll wrappers
mini chocolate chips
cream (heavy cream/whole milk/2% milk)
1 egg, beaten
oil
powdered sugar

Directions

1. Heat about 1/2" of oil in a frying pan. I set the stove to 6.

2. Place egg roll wrapper facing you in the shape of a diamond. Brush egg around all four sides.

3.
Place 2-2 1/2 tablespoons of diced bananas 1/4 of the way up from the bottom. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp of mini chocolate chips. Roll half way up and tuck in sides, then roll all the way up.

4.
Place in oil and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and place on paper towel to drain off any excess oil.

5.
Heat chocolate chips and approximately 1-2 tablespoons of cream in a microwave safe bowl until melted. Drizzle on top of spring rolls.

6.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream, as desired.

Yield:
6 Spring Rolls

You can also sprinkle butterscotch chips inside and drizzle with caramel sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! We were at PF Chang's last night and I so wanted to get the banana caramel ones. When are you coming to our place to cook this stuff for us??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is to die for! Very, very good!

    ReplyDelete