Monday, June 20, 2011

Pumpkin Ravioli with Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce

Okay. So it's not visually stunning, but it is amazingly tasty.

I love pumpkin. I think it's a seasonal Fall food but sometimes I want it at other times throughout the year. I was shopping in Whole Foods and found this pumpkin ravioli in the frozen food aisle. I can't imagine putting Marinara Sauce on a pumpkin flavoured food and Brown Butter Sage Sauce doesn't do anything for me, hence the Garlic Alfredo Sauce.

In this house we go through our fair share of jarred Alfredo Sauce. It's nothing special, but it's easy. I've been longing for a homemade sauce and learned that I could make a batch and freeze it for up 4-6 months. Preparing it fresh, portioning it out and freezing it seems like the ideal plan to me! Now...how hard would it be to make my own? Mine came out thick since I used heavy whipping cream. That's why I dolloped the sauce on top of the raviolis. I improvised and grated a little nutmeg on top for a garnish. I am so fancy!

I went to the recipes that are saved on my computer and found this recipe. I usually copy the link to the site where I found the recipe, but this time I didn't...so I can't give anyone credit. Oops!


BTW - If you're looking for healthy...look elsewhere!

Ingredients:
6 tbs butter
3 tbs cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
4-6 cloves of fresh garlic
S & P to taste
2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Directions:
1. In a medium or large saucepan melt butter over medium heat
2. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth and melted
3. Whisk in the heavy cream
4. Add garlic, salt and pepper
5. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens. About 15-25 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in cheese
7. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.

1 comment:

  1. So i will be at your house for dinner the week of July 11th....

    ReplyDelete