Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pineapple Strawberry Limeade


Here's another recipe that I found "pinned" on Pinterest. It's linked to this website: http://www.mychicfinds.net/2011/05/pineapple-strawberry-limeade.html. This is the beverage I decided to try on the night my friend and her family were coming over. Easy to make, non-alcoholic and very versatile. I tired to make garnishes but ran out of time. I also tried to find natural ingredients at Whole Foods, but apparently there isn't enough demand for frozen pineapple or limeade concentrate. I've never had club soda and adding it just seemed to add fizz without the sugar and extra calories that are in something like ginger ale. I think it could've used a bit more club soda since I prefer my beverages a little less sweet - not that this was overly sweet. It was great!

Ingredients:

1 - 12oz can frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 - 6oz can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
4 cups cold water
1 liter club soda, chilled
ice cubes
fresh organic strawberries (optional)
assorted fruits: sliced oranges, lime slices, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc...
- to toss inside and to use as garnish
short (6-inch) wooden skewers

Directions:

1. In a large pitcher combine pineapple juice concentrate, limeade and water. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
2. To serve, add club soda and mix. Transfer to a serving pitcher and add ice cubes and fruit as desired.

Make-Ahead Tip:

Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare juice mixture and chill well. Proceed as directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment