Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Slow-Cooker Boneless BBQ Country Ribs

While I was working part-time I would try to use a slow-cooker to get a meal going for my husband. I wouldn't get home until 10 pm at night or later so if I didn't have something planned, he'd have 'chicken on the Foreman' on those nights. How sad. I'm sure it was unseasoned with no side dish. :( I've been making this entree for him for a long time. It's incredibly easy and I use the left-overs to make my baked chimichangas (previous blog entry). This smells great as it cooks and it shreds so easily when it's done. My preschooler likes this as well, so thanks, Parenting Magazine (February 2007), for the recipe.

Here are the changes I make when preparing the recipe...
- I use enough onion to cover the bottom of the crock pot and enough to cover the pork on top. It's about half an onion.
- I only spray the crock pot with cooking spray if I remember to. Not a big deal.
- I typically only use 1# of pork.
- I do not measure the BBQ sauce. I use enough to cover.
- Forget the jam. Not necessary and it's near impossible to find plum jam.
**Cook on low for only 5 hours + the 30 minutes on high.** - more than this tends to dry it out.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so easy that I think even I can make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a yummy hunk of meat.

    ReplyDelete