Monday, April 23, 2012

Pan-Fried Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Sauce






Do you ever get excited about a recipe and run out and buy the necessary ingredients and rush back home to start cooking?  I don't!  I get excited when I find a new recipe that I want to try, but I don't usually rush out grocery shopping.  I didn't with this one, but I was looking forward to making this simple recipe from Kraft.  I actually followed the recipe exactly this time, minus using my preferred brand of dressing, broth and cream cheese.

The feed back I received from hubby was that it looked great and I managed to get it to the table at the proper temperature.  The latter has occasionally been a problem since the food often cools off quickly while I'm attempting to get an acceptable photograph.  The feed back went downhill when he commented on the flavor.  He was unimpressed.  An exact quote is, "it's nothing special".  How disappointing.  A creamy lemon sauce over fish.  What's not to like?  I guess a lack of flavor.  Can't win them all.  If someone thinks they could tinker with the recipe and make it a home run, please let me know how to do it.  I might try it again just to make sure it's a real "miss".

Ingredients
  


2  tilapia fillets (1/2 lb.)

1 Tbsp. flour

4 Tbsp. Light House Italian Dressing

1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth

2  Tbsp. lemon juice

2 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese, cubed

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Directions
 1.  Cost fish with flour.
2.  Heat dressing in medium skillet on medium heat. Add fish; cook 4 to 5 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
3.  Add broth and lemon juice to skillet; cook 3 min. or until reduced by half, stirring frequently with whisk. Add cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until melted, stirring constantly. Pour over fish. Sprinkle with parsley.

 http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/pan-fried-fish-creamy-lemon-118572.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment