Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip & Toffee Cookie Dough Truffles

Being in my third trimester of pregnancy I find that I am often lacking energy. Two days ago I started to come down with a head cold, or is it a sinus infection, or maybe its just allergies. Whatever I have has got me zapped. But tonight I had a tiny bit of energy and instead of taking care of things that need to be taken care of (ie - sweeping, laundry, etc), I decided to use this burst of energy to try a new recipe. This one comes courteous of allrecipes.com. I stuck closely to the recipe and I was impressed with how this one turned out - visually. In terms of taste, you'd better be in the mood for sugar and have a tall glass of milk close by. I'm not really a "cookie dough" fan but this tastes like the real thing. Unlike real cookie dough, there are no eggs in this recipe. I can't imagine that my family will be able to eat the 46 pieces that I got out of this batch, so like me know if I have any takers!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup toffee baking bits
  • 1 pound chocolate confectioners' coating

Directions
  1. Beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add flour, alternately with sweetened condensed milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee bits; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
  2. Using a small cookie scoop, make 1-inch balls and place them on waxed paper lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
  3. Melt the chocolate coating in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or coating will scorch. Dip the dough balls in the chocolate coating, allowing any excess to drip off. Place on waxed-paper lined baking sheets and sprinkle the truffles with additional toffee pieces. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles/detail.aspx

8 comments:

  1. Taker! Come on by anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they ship well??? Sugar rush might be just what the Dr ordered to get baby girl's blankie done! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please send me the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO I would love that recipe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. recipe please! these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranjani KrishnamurthySeptember 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM

    They loook soooo yummy

    ReplyDelete