Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cheesy Ham Bubble Bakes



I've found a refrigerated buttermilk biscuit that I enjoy and that I prefer to use since it has no trans-fats. It's made by the Immaculate Baking Co. and they also make really great crescent rolls. They cost quite a bit more than your typical Pillsbury brand, but I feel its worth it.

I had some organic thick-cut ham in the refrigerator that I needed to use so I decided to try out Kraft's Cheesy Ham Bubble Bakes recipe. Three easy ingredients mixed together and placed in a muffin pan. Prep time was next to nil and the bake time of 20 minutes was worth it.

My husband really liked them. He couldn't speak highly enough of the actual biscuits. Thank goodness because this will be my justification for splurging on them from now on! He enjoyed the additional hardiness of simply adding ham and cheddar cheese. Since the biscuits are cut up, the cheese melts all over them and gets the diced ham to stick inside and on top. I made one without the ham and the cheesy biscuit was yummy - to put it simply.

Fast prep for a busy morning breakfast and a nice snack to grab and go. I'll definitely be baking these again, with no changes to the recipe.


Ingredients:

6 oz. Smoked Ham

3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits


Directions:

HEAT oven to 350°F

1. CHOP ham; mix with cheese in large bowl.

2. CUT each biscuit into 4 pieces. Add to ham mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 8-10 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.

3. BAKE 20 min. or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 min. before removing from pan. Serve warm.


http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-ham-bubble-bakes-112588.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment