Monday, January 3, 2011

Butterscotch Bread Pudding

It's no secret that I am a fan of Allrecipes.com. I love that you can type in any number of ingredients and it will suggest recipes to try. I love that it has ratings and comments. I love to try 4-5 star recipes and I always read a bunch of comments before starting. It's good to know that a bunch of people thought the recipe was too sweet and recommend cutting back on the sugar, etc.

Allrecipes.com emails me daily and weekly recipes. Two days ago I stumbled upon one for Butterscotch Bread Pudding. It sounded awesome so I decided to run out to the store and get some butterscotch chips. And, because my bread maker was given a second chance at life, I decided to bake my own bread for the pudding.

This bread pudding was so good that it didn't even need sauce and it was even better the next day. The butterscotch chips almost completely melted into an awesome reward for a dessert well done.

Here's the recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butterscotch-Bread-Pudding/Detail.aspx

I followed recommendations and cut the sugar by half. Next time I would add at least another 1/2 cup of chips. Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Made me hungry, it is fabUlous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures make me hungry...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this. Bread pudding is my favorite. Clydes and all their chains always have the best bread pudding. I tried a recipe from Paula Deen and it was way to sweet. I tried it again with half he sugar and still too sweet! So, I am still searching and will definitely try this one out!

    ReplyDelete