Thursday, June 24, 2010

Soft Fresh Herb Cheese & Grape Crostini


Back in December '08 I must've had time on my hands, even with a 1-year old running around. I successfully pulled off three appetizers to contribute to the Christmas dinner my Mother-in-Law was hosting.

I adapted this recipe from one I found in Bon Appetit magazine. The original recipe called for herb goat cheese, bit since I'm not a fan of goat cheese, I improvised. It was unique and yummy.

Attached is the original recipe.




As you can clearly see, presentation and photography were not my strengths. I chose not to use three different color grapes because grapes are hard enough to find in December. Also, their fresh herb cheese is so much more visually appealing than my cheese spread, although I'm sure mine appealed to the non-goat cheese eaters in the group.

I would definitely prepare this again, with a little more attention given to the visual appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment