Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Apple-Cheddar Tarts


I have a recipe for Apple Brie Tarts. They're made with puff pastry and the reviews said the brie was bland and using crescent rolls was a quicky way to make them.

I, of course, chose the quicky way since I can only cook or bake during nap time. I chose to try a sharp cheddar to try and up the flavor factor. Granny Smith apples are tart and with the sharp cheese a nice balance was struck.

Every one of these was folded differently. I wanted to show the ingredients but only a couple turned out well.

These need to be eaten warm and were super simple to make. I'll try the puff pastry when I have more time.

Overall, not a bad little snack...minus those nasty trans fats found in crescent rolls. Maybe there's an alternative at Whole Foods. I need to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment