Monday, June 20, 2011

Frozen Banana Bites

So a friend sent out an invite to a website called Pinterest. I had never heard of it but I had an opportunity to cruise around the site and I fell in love with what I saw. There were recipes (with photos!), DIY crafts that looked really cool, photography and fashion. All these photos of things you like could be "pinned" to your virtual cork board and shared with anyone else on the site. I signed up and started pinning right away. The recipes re-inspired me to get back in the kitchen. Since becoming pregnant, I've been zapped of energy...even though I am now in my 2nd trimester. Now, I have the inspiration to skip my much-needed nap and get cooking.

This recipe needs no cooking, just a little microwaving. I picked up this recipe from http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/06/frozen-banana-bites.html. I adapted it slightly since I'm not vegan.

Ingredients:
2 large bananas
1/2 cup chocolate chips, use more if needed
1/2 cup peanut butter, use more if needed
shredded coconut (optional)

Directions:
1. Line a plate/tray with parchment paper
2. Cut bananas into chunks (5-6 pieces)
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix then heat the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave on high for one minute or until melted
4. Dip/roll banana pieces into the mixture and lay them out on the parchment paper. Use any remaining mixture to spoon on top of the bananas (no waste).
5. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired.
6. Transfer to the freezer for an hour (if you can't wait to dig in) or leave overnight. Cover as desired.

3 comments:

  1. Bookmarked and pinned! Can't wait to try! One of my kids loves banana bites and choco covered peanuts or plain pb, so think she'll dig these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG do those look amazing!!! Cant wait to pick up bananas tomorrow!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try and make those so.... plz recipe plz!!!!!

    ReplyDelete